Since our inception the Friends of St Michael’s have been responsible in financing many vital projects to preserve and improve the fabric of St Michael’s Church. We have provided financial assistance in still more areas of work.
Some of the past projects we’ve funded in full, or in part, are:
- Re-glazing of the windows.
- Replacing Church down pipes.
- Repairs to the North and South Porches.
- Replacement and upgrading of the Sound System.
- Funding a new Display Area.
- Commissioning and funding new Nave Furniture.
- Contributed to a rewiring project.
- Overhaul of Bells
- Supplying various notice and display boards.
- Commissioned a flower cupboard – in memory of Phyl Tee.
- Quinquenial Stone work repairs.
- Renovation of windows on the south side of the Church.
- Renovation of the Church Clock and installation of an electrical winding system.
- Part-funding the re-cladding of the Church Spire.
- Part-funding of flood lighting to celebrate the Millennium.
- Contributed to new Altar Rail in Lady Chapel.
We aim to continue raising awareness and funding for other projects that will assist in preserving St Michaels as both an historic and living building so that it may continue to serve Bishops Stortford and the wider community for many years to come.
How you can help:
To find our more about how you can help the work of the Friends, visit our Membership page.